2018 Clean Air Month Poster Contest
Students attending school within MDAQMD's boundaries eligible to enter.
Have you thought about how clean your air will be when you grow up?
There are already 7.6 billion people on earth. But by the year 2037, the United Nations estimates there will be more than 9 billion. Despite the increase in population, we only have one ozone layer, and no “new” air. What can you do to ensure the precious air that we do have stays clean and healthy for you and future generations of kids?
The Mojave Desert Air Quality Management District presents the 2018 Clean Air Month Poster Contest! Students in grades K-12 who attend school within the MDAQMD boundaries are eligible to enter an original poster creation illustrating ways to protect air quality for future generations.
Winners will be chosen in four categories to receive cash prizes, and all entries are automatically entered for a chance to win a new bicycle!
1. Create an ORIGINAL poster that shows what you can do to keep air clean for future generations.
2. Create your poster using an unlined 8 ½” x 11” horizontal white piece of paper.
3. Use crayons, colored pencils, pens, markers or watercolors only; no chalk.
4. Posters must be drawn free-hand: no tracing or pre-fabricated drawings will be accepted.
5. Posters must include the artist’s name, grade level, gender, mailing address, telephone number, and their teacher’s name and school (if done as a school project), on back of poster. Write on the back of the poster in pencil only.
6. All entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, originality and relevance to theme.
7. All entries become the property of the MDAQMD.
Judges’ decision is final.
8. Contest winners will be featured in the 2019 MDAQMD calendar and recognized during an award ceremony in May 2018.
9. Entry deadline: 5 p.m. May 9, 2018.
10. Eligible contestants must attend school in the High Desert portion of San Bernardino County or the Palo Verde Valley of Riverside County only.
How to Enter
Submit your original drawing in person or by mail to:
Mojave Desert Air Quality Management District
14306 Park Ave.
Victorville, CA 92392
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday (closed alternating Fridays)
View our flyer for more information or call the Community Relations & Education Office at MDAQMD at (760) 245-1661, ext. 3001 or 3002.